Sunday, March 04, 2007

Taco Adobe

Taco Adobe is one of my most cherished places to eat. The restaurant is nestled deeply (almost hidden) on Main Street in downtown Santa Ana, down the street from the Bowers Muesum. I frequent this Mex-Southwestern Grill often, although I still have yet to stray too far from my favorites on the menu. My absolute favorite thing to eat at Taco Adobe are the Enchiladas De Camarones (shown here), which are two enchiladas stuffed with shrimp in a garlic sauce and covered in a tomatillo sauce topped with sour cream, avacado slices, and cojita cheese, served with rice and black beans.

I am equally in love the Pescado Guaymas, which is grilled mahi mahi sauteed on spinach cilantro garlic and walnut pesto sauce with a touch of serrano chiles. The Tacos De Camaron (shown here) are also quite appetizing.

Also be sure to check their daily specials, I believe that's where you'll find the mouthwatering Tacos De San Miguel or the Green Pazole, which are just a couple more thing I'd recommend trying. As of yet, I have not managed to get to Taco Adobe for breakfast. As far as liqour is concerned, they serve beer and wine only.

Taco Adobe is located at:
1319 N Main St
Santa Ana, CA 92701
(714) 543-2411

Labels: