Monday, February 19, 2007

Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream

My favorite political comedian and my favorite (store bought) ice cream come together at last. Last week Ben & Jerry announced a new ice cream flavor in honor of The Comedy Central comedian called Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream. It's vanilla ice cream with fudge-covered waffle cone pieces and caramel. Ben & Jerry jokingly refer to it as "The sweet taste of liberty in your mouth". Colbert, who spoofs flag-waving conservatives on his show, The Colbert Report, is donating his proceeds to charity through the new Stephen Colbert Americone Dream Fund, which will distribute the money to various causes. Being the type of individual who is easily fixated on things I began looking for the new flavor at grocery stores in the Orange County area. After being unable to find it, I only wanted it more! I've since visited the Ben & Jerry's shop at The Block in Orange and a couple more grocery stores and I am still unable to locate the new flavor. Have any of you foodies out there seen it?

Labels: