Saturday, January 13, 2007

Carney's (Los Angeles)

I woke up this morning deciding to head to L.A. for lunch and put a dent in the ever expanding list of the best burger joints L.A. has to offer. After some research and seeing how many awards (and general raves) Carney's had for not only their burgers but also their hot dogs, I began to plan my route to West Hollywood. As of now, I have just returned and as I write this my hands still smell of the chili that graced my Carney's Chili Dog and Carney Burger (with chili) just over an hour ago.

Now, it's difficult to decipher what the absolute best burger joint is but this unique landmark is definitly one of the top ones. Serving patrons out of a vintage traincar Carney's cooks up some great greasy Chili Cheese Burgers (with lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, and dressing) and messy Chili Cheese Dogs (with chili, brown mustard, and onions). The New York Dog is aslo especially tasty (with mustard and saurkraut). You'll notice the great snap the weiners make when you bite into it 'em as well as the generous amount of saurkraut.

Celebrities like Gary Owens (Laugh In), John K (Ren & Stimpy), Sergio Aragones (Mad Magazine) and Jay Leno (Tonight Show) have all freqeunted the joint. If you drop by on a weekday they have daily specials, but I don't know if I'd be willing to brave the weekday traffic from Orange County to L.A. So you might just wanna save it for a weekend trip (but even then youll probably still hit some traffic!). Carney's has two locations in Los Angeles, one in West Hollywood (on Sunset Blvd.), and another in Studio City. Visit their Official Site for more info.

Labels: ,