Sunday, January 14, 2007

Lasher's (Long Beach)

This was, quite simply one of the best meals I've ever had. Upon arrival it's easy to spot that this restaraunt is actually a converted craftsman style home with a very comforting feel inside. After being seated next to the fireplace with a view out the front window I ordered a glass of wine and pondered my options. I decided to start the night off right with Lasher's famous Fried Green Tomatoes (lightly battered, fried and topped with andouille sausage and a creamy Cajun butter sauce). I then moved on to their Award Winning New England Clam Chowder, which was rich, creamy, and stocked full of tender clams and potatoes. For the main entree I tried the special of the day, which was a succulent Sea Bass topped with fresh Lump Crab Meat accompanied with Asperigus and Couscous.

Somehow I even managed to save a little room for dessert. I had a hard time deciding but opted for the White Chocolate Bread Pudding With Two Chocolate Sauces, which was also delicious. Not too sweet and ever so moist on the inside. I had a hard time trying to pinpoint what I liked most, as everything I tried was damn near perfect (except for the Couscous, which I've just never been a big fan of). Visit Lasher's Site to make reservations and plan your next great dinning experience.